Blogs by Category

Sunday, April 18, 2010

update on oldest son

Well, it took awhile at Children's last night.

They had to call the head of the ER to come check things out. Everyone was convinced there was a break but they couldn't find one in the area that was bruised and hurt. They did find a few things on the x-rays that they believe are growth points --- but they aren't sure - they were located in an area that wasn't exhibiting pain. You could push that area and touch that area - no pain.

They sent him home with a soft cast - to me it still looks like a cast - around the thumb it is hard but around the wrist and arm it is softer. They are going to send the x-rays to their ortho department and we are to call them for a more expert opinion on Monday. Thankfully, I am just to call and not visit at this time. As I don't think I can take the oldest in and take hubby for his surgery all at the same time. My oldest went to my parents for 3 days. If he needs to go in, they will most likely take care of that for me. Thank God for Grandparents. I am running out of me! Getting a bit spread thin!!

No comments: