Blogs by Category

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Cordon Blue Bake

This was a very good recipe. My oldest son just loved it. My middle son doesn't like things all mixed together and wouldn't even try it (but honestly if we ate what he liked all we would eat is peanut butter sandwiches. Therefore, in my mind, he is not a credible source!)

1/2 cup water
3 T. butter
1 cup stuffing mix
(I didn't use this amount - I had a box of stuffing that I made according to the stuffing directions. I then doubled the below recipe - all except the soup - I didn't double that and it was just fine - in order to use the whole box of stuffing.)

1 cup frozen mixed vegetables, thawed - I was not prepared and did not thaw them - it turned out fine to use them frozen
2/3 cup condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
3/4 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
2 ounces thinly sliced lean deli ham cut into strips
1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese

Make the stuffing - remove it from heat and let stand 5 min.

In a shallow 1-qt (I used a 2 1/2 qt) baking dish coated with cooking spray, combine vegetables with 1/3 cup soup.

Combine the chicken with remaining soup; spoon over veggies.

Layer with ham and cheese.

Fluff stuffing with fork; spoon over cheese.
Melt about 2 tablespoons of butter and drizzle over stuffing.

Bake uncovered at 350 degrees fro 30-35 minutes or until heated through.

2 comments:

tabrandt said...

mmm mmmm good... I liked it too.

Debbie said...

I am so glad you liked it! I like making good meals for you - my sweetheart! It is nice to see you visiting my blog, too!