Blogs by Category

Thursday, June 24, 2010

A Promise of Hope

A Promise of Hope, Kauffman Amish Bakery Series #2   -              By: Amy Clipston

This is a newer author. This is the second book in the Kauffman Amish Bakery series. I have not read the first one in the series. This one was very good and I really enjoyed it. I did find myself questioning whether the author has truly represented the Amish correctly. In the book the characters go get a coke to drink and it just struck me as odd. I don't view the Amish as doing something so worldly as drink a soda --- but maybe they do. I haven't investigated it in detail but it seems odd to me. She does include some recipes in the book and they look to be fabulous. I might try one of them this weekend. I will let you know if I do and how it turns out.

No comments: