Blogs by Category

Friday, June 4, 2010

Here's one you don't hear often

Our boys headed out for a weekend camping with the scouts. As we were dropping off at the parking lot - one of our scout leaders who had went up early today called to tell us this ---- as he was pulling in --- the Ranger said, "Go HOME!" He was dumb founded. The Ranger then said, "The mosquitos are so thick they will carry you away!"

Now Rangers tend to be rather woodsy and just hard core when it comes to being out in nature. For a Ranger to say - Go Home! Well, I can only imagine how thick the mosquitos are!! We did send OFF and some itch cream. Still, I bet the kids are going to come back quite bit up. One of our leaders is a lady and she did decide to head back home to grab the fogger. I think that was a very wise decision! Normally, that kind of equipment is not allowed on scout trips but this seemed to be an unusual situation that warranted it. When 'Rangers' start complaining - honestly that a sign it is really bad. Those guys are just hard core woodsmen.

3 comments:

tabrandt said...

... and this is only one of the reasons that I was party to 'dropping the boys off' and not on the trip. That and well, the fact that I am on crutches and this is my 'campless summer'.

Happy Itching Boys.

Karies place said...

So you had the state bird there, huh. Not fun.

Debbie said...

Karie - LOL - apparently the kids will have to be careful not to be carried away by them! I will have to post when they get back as to whether it was as bad as expected. The scout leader does have a cabin about 1/2 hr away from the park they are staying at - and has said he will take all the kids there if it is too bad in the woods. I felt better knowing that. We are outdoors people but one of my sons does swell up quite a bit from bites. I am allergic and we believe he is too or on his way to being. Hopefully he won't come back one big swelled up boy!