Blogs by Category

Friday, June 11, 2010

Spring cleaning (Finally?!)


It is pretty sad when the kids accidentally spill my tea on the living room carpet and I cheer. I just figured it was a good time to clean the carpets and now I had a really good excuse to move all the furniture --- clean out the 'nest' and dog hair --- and get the carpets cleaned.

Normally, every spring we clean the carpets. Unfortunately, this spring we were dealing with surgery and healing. So finally, I used this as an excuse. The carpet in the hallway just looked nasty, spotted and grubby. Something about having 3 boys and a dog that will do that to a carpet.

I asked my oldest son to help out and do the carpet cleaning for me. He wonderfully did! Yah! Thank you Justin. I am so happy to have that clean carpet smell and not the old, musty - been too long since carpets have been cleaned smell. We only did the hallway and the living room. We didn't do the bedrooms. Left that for a later day. But I feel a sense of accomplishment.

What is it with kids though??? As we are in the process of cleaning one (who was outside) walks in with his shoes on. Excuse me???? Do you not see that we are getting rid of the dirt? Take your shoes off!

'Well I just needed to ask you a question.'

Okay do it from the kitchen or take your shoes off!

Not 15 minutes later the next child goes outside and comes back in for a football. Tracks right through the living room with his shoes on. EXCUSE ME!!! The carpet isn't even dry yet! Take your shoes off! He stares at me - like somehow I am the problem.

No comments: