Blogs by Category

Monday, June 28, 2010

TOG (again)

I do like TOG as a curriculum but find it to be totally frustrating at times.

I am currently putting all the accountability questions and thinking questions into Word so that I can add spaces for my students to answer. And as usual any use of technology with TOG is just not a good thing. They put the student pages (where the questions are located) into a format that allows for end users to block and copy. But when you block and copy in order to put it into a Word document none of the formatting transfers over. So I spend hours reformatting and getting it to work.

For those that don't use TOG - the reason I put the questions into a Word document instead of utilizing what is there is that there is no room to answer the questions. My kids don't like to have separate pieces of paper but to answer the questions right on the same page as the questions. I used to have to retype all the questions so TOG has gotten better by allowing us to block and copy. Still, they could go farther by putting it into a user friendly format that works with Word.

It is just frustrating. And time consuming.

Still I am excited that I am starting early this year. That is a positive.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

I should really get around to doing some planning!

Cynthia said...

Well, actually I should rephrase that. I AM doing a lot of planning, but it's all in regard to co-op and not our own school stuff...