Blogs by Category

Friday, June 4, 2010

Thankful Fridays

I am keeping up with Thankful Fridays.
"O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever." Psalm 30:12

1) I am thankful it is Friday.

2) I am thankful for a wonderful boy scout troop that my two oldest are in with Godly men leaders. They are all fantastic.

3) And I am thankful that my two oldest are camping with the boy scouts this weekend! Only 1 at home - no fight! It is wonderful.

4) I am very, very thankful for our wonderful virtual TOG co-op. There are some wonderful Christian ladies and fantastic kids in the co-op. We are so blessed to be a part of it. It has been simply wonderful for both my two oldest to have others to discuss concepts and ideas with. They like being connected to other homeschoolers. It has been just such a great experience for our family. Thank you all - you Rock!

5) I am thankful for computers and technology that make the virtual co-oping a reality. It is wonderful. We didn't have anyone locally that was ready for the high school level - and this way my son could connect and share at his level. It also helps as it cuts down on the amount of running and leaving the house that I have to do.

6) I am thankful my husband is going back to work - he is feeling much better but was getting to that I am not well but I am not happy with being cooped up anymore - and just plain grumpy stage. Really grumpy! It is a great thing that he will head back to work - and have a break from us and be able to be around adults and adult conversations again. I think he really, really missed that!

7) I am thankful for all the fresh fruits and vegetables of spring and summer. They taste so good. What a blessing!

8) I am thankful for my Mom and the wonderful conversation we had today. Nothing big and important - just talking on the phone, sharing and enjoying each others company. It was wonderful.

9) I am thankful for bats (hang with me here on this one!) The kids and I saw a huge one the other day at dusk. The mosquitos are out in full force right now and I am thankful God made bats to eat the bugs. (Have to say the bat did startle me when it swooped down though!) Still, I would take a bat to a mosquito any day.

10) I am thankful my friend, Collette, who listens to me when I complain about my grumpy husband. She loves us both and yet is able to be sympathetic to my issues. She is one of those rare gems that is able to hear your troubles and not judge. She is just a fantastic friend. Collette - you Rock!

No comments: