Blogs by Category

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

beginning to dislike Tuesdays

Tuesdays are just NUTS for us. I don't know that I would have signed up for all this had I KNOWN that we would be having doctor visits.

Friday, Saturday and Sunday I worked at the ballpark.

Monday, I got up early and my oldest and I had dentist appointments. Went grocery shopping to pick up new bandaids for Tom. Came back made lunch - I wanted to make a fried rice dish to use up the pork I had from a previous dinner --- and found out I had forgotten to buy soy sauce --- and it was needed for the recipe. So I ran back to the store. (Ahhhhhh!) Finally, lunch was done. We did some school. Made the chicken pot pie (see below) for dinner. Then ran to church to work for a few hours. Came home by 10:15 and did bills. Long day!

Then today (Tuesday)
Up by 7:15 - shower
8:20 leave to drop off bills at post office

9:00 - doctor apt for Tom --- he needed x-rays this time to check for bone growth and to check that all is healing well. This turned the apt. into a 2 hour ordeal!

11:00 - get home and yell at the youngest for being a holy terror while we were gone. Honestly, he was a monster.

11:30 - eat lunch

12:15 leave to take the two youngest to piano lessons
While they are at lessons, I run to the bank. Then come back to pick up the oldest to take to his piano lesson. I bring the two younger ones home. Then go back and pick up the oldest.

2:45 - finally home
Realize that we have 3 broken windows in the house (the glass guy said it was from stress due to extreme cold outside and it being warm inside). So Tom researched a place to get them fixed. If they came to our house it would be $60 more a window. (x 3 windows - not happening - I will drive them over to be measured). So Tom and the oldest pop the windows out and Tom stays to watch over the house --- the oldest and I run the windows in to get measured. The glass will arrive in about a week. We will have to pop the windows out again and run them over. At least this is being done while Tom has nothing to do but sit and watch over the house.

4:30 - home to make dinner. Spaghetti - it is easy and I needed easy.

6:00 - leave to drop Tom off at Sears with the two oldest - we realized today that our vacuum cleaner's cord is frayed - not good and dangerous. It was a very old vacuum so we opted for replacement and not fixing. They looked for a new vacuum while the youngest and I dropped off library books and picked up the new ones. Then I drove the youngest to swimming lessons.

Went back to pick up Tom and the two oldest. Put vacuum in back of Jeep.

Ran the two oldest to swimming lessons. Tom wanted to watch a moment. I get the youngest out of the pool and washed up / dressed. Tom is at his end and needs to go home to prop up his foot which is now throbbing. I run him and the youngest home while the other two are still swimming. Then go back and pick up the oldest two. Run home.

Shower (again - so I am ready for tomorrow as tomorrow has no time for a shower in the morning)

That was my last several days. I am exhausted. And I teach this Thursday in our co-op. I need to get working on that. So far who has had time?!

And the best comment - my oldest asked very nicely several times - can we JUST run over to Barnes and Nobel - the next book in the series he is reading came out today and he just has to get it. Seriously! Are ya kidding?! Not happening, bud. Sorry. He was really good and I felt badly I just couldn't do it for him.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Whew! I'm tired from just reading all that you have to do!

Kinda funny how you made Tom sound like the guard dog...lol.

tabrandt said...

Melissa... kinda funny that anyone thinks of me as a 'guard dog' when I would actually be one of those little yipper dogs that doesn't really cause and harm or protect anything, it just follows you around and yips.