Blogs by Category

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Oh My

As I look out the back window, I see (much to my surprise) our 6 year old flying by (yep, running at warp speed) with the hack saw!

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!

Upon investigation, I discover that they (the 11 year old and the 6 year old) found a wonderful branch that if they trimmed it down would make a great sling shot. Okay - but no hack saws. Really we don't need a visit to the emergency room today. I am tired of meeting all the medical professionals in the city (great people though they may be!) - I need a break. So no hack saws! You know, I truly believe that mothers of girls just have not encountered the 'no hack saw' rule. They probably believe this just goes without saying. But mothers of boys - this is absolute must - we have the no hack saw rule, the no using hammers and nails without supervision rule, the you should tell me before you get out the screwdriver rule and the rule that you need permission prior to utilizing touching Dad's tools rule.

9 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow! Bless your heart, I'll bet you have had your fill of doctor visits!

You are right about boys...you never know what to expect next!

Our Blessed Journey said...

Ok--I'm sorry, I know it's not funny, but it's so unbelieveable that I'm cracking up!---and I have to agree, at least so far with young girls, life's a lot less stressful---we've barely needed a bandaide!

Our Blessed Journey said...

are you on Facebook? would love to be in touch with you more if you are.

Debbie said...

Boys are just something else! He didn't think anything of it at all. And thankfully he didn't get hurt either. Lately, it has been my oldest that has been all boy and visiting the ER - the youngest one hasn't had his turn lately. But I keep telling them that I need a break from visiting doctors! So they have to be extra careful for awhile!

Debbie said...

Yes girls are less stressful now --- but I have heard that your fun will happen in those wonderful teen years! I have a friend that has 4 girls and has been telling me this for years --- but honestly my oldest son is in those teen years and he is moody - and not always a ball of fun! Not having girls I have no comparison but if girls are worse - yuk and double yuk!

Debbie said...

I am not on Facebook yet. My oldest son really wants it and I have a feeling I will have to join to be able to monitor things --I will let you know if I get on it - my son wants to do it this weekend. We will see. I am not all for it for him yet!

Cynthia said...

LOL! I came downstairs the other day to see our 12 yo using an electric saw in the LIVING ROOM! (LOL)! He was "fixing" one of the 7 yo's toys. He's been fully trained about using said saw and is very safe with it and all.. I just don't want it in the house so the boys went out to the shop!

Debbie said...

Oh Cynthia - that is funny! I can so relate!

I am telling you - only mothers of boys would ever have to say - can you use the saw outside - does it have to be done in the living room?! I just can't believe that mothers of girls ever say things like that!

Debbie said...

Okay - Cynthia --- my husband does want to know what kind of toy needs a SAW to fix it!