Blogs by Category

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Confirmation

Sunday was such a special day. My oldest was confirmed. It really meant alot to me because as a kid I was not confirmed. I hope that this is as meaningful to my son as it is to me. I hope he will always remember what he 'confirmed' - that he recognized Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior. I pray this is always true for him.

Here he is getting his certificate from his group leader. This wonderful, godly man - led my son's group of boys for 3 years.
Grandma and Grandpa were very proud of him. And thank God for the Grandma's - they knew I was overwhelmed and they got together - and planned the meal for after. I threw two boneless turkeys in the slow cooker. The Grandmas did everything else - cake and tablecloth, plastic plates and silverware so we didn't have to wash. It was so wonderful not to have to do the planning or cooking. It was very easy and simply delicious. We made sandwiches out of the turkey. The Grandmas had baked beans, a veggie tray with dip, chips, seven layer salad, potato salad, rolls, and the cake. It was fantastic. (A big, hug, thank you to the Grandmas!)
The confirmation boy! So very proud of him! Love ya buddy!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Congratulations! I'm glad everything went well for you, and that the grandmas were able to help out so much!