Blogs by Category

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Chicken Ham Casserole

A friend of mine asked for this recipe and I thought I would post it here. It is one of our absolutely favorite dinners. It is very, very good.

1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
2 cups cubed cooked chicken*
1 cup cubed fully cooked ham*
1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted (I have also used cream of celery)
1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby cheese (I usually use cheddar)
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese

*Since I use leftovers the amount of chicken and ham will vary when I make it - sometime I end up with 2 cups ham and 1 cup chicken.

Cook rice mix according to package directions. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish.

Top with chicken and ham.

In a bowl, combine the soup, milk, Colby cheese (or cheddar) and pepper; pour over chicken mixture.

Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.

2 comments:

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

This sounds yummy and so easy, too!!

Have a great weekend!

Debbie said...

It is very easy to make. I actually plan my meals where I do a chicken dinner and then make a ham dinner. Then I make this utilizing the leftovers. It is a nice way for the same meat to revisit the table --- and it seems like a new meal and not leftovers.