Blogs by Category

Friday, May 7, 2010

Distant Shores by Kristin Hannah

book jacket


I had a very busy day yesterday but decided I needed some ME time. So I went to bed rather early for me and stayed up incredibly late - reading. It was fabulous. I finished this book last night. I have read other books by Kristin Hannah and I like her writing style.

This book's focus was on a woman who was going through a change in circumstances in her life. Her children were off to college. The house was empty. Her husband gets a great job offer - but it is across the country. And she realizes that she has spent her whole life taking care of others and what about her. She questions whether her marriage is working. She decides not to go with her husband when he moves.

While it is a book that questions, I like that in the end she finds reasons to stay - reasons why her marriage is good and why she loves her husband. I don't mean to give away the ending but I also found the ending the most important part. We all question things and marriages have ups and downs - but it is worth fighting for and worth saving. I like that in the end that was the moral of the story.

No comments: