Blogs by Category

Thursday, May 13, 2010

well lunch was interesting (NOT)

My husband was just sitting down to eat his lunch - we had actually taken him lunch in his recliner in the living room. He choked on his food and proceeded to throw up. Had to throw it up - as it wasn't going down and he was choking. It was rather frightening. Still, it pretty much put a real damper on lunch. One child and I can't take the noise, sound or sight of it all --- weak stomachs ---- very weak ---- and we were out on the back porch. My wonderful, oldest son brought his Dad a bowl and then proceeded to clean up his Dad, the floor and the bowls. He has a very strong stomach (completely doesn't bother him) and he is the only one that then finished his lunch. He just shrugged his shoulders and said - whatever!

He certainly needs to chew his food better. He says he does but honestly none of us had even sat down to eat yet and we hadn't prayed. The food was still very hot --- he was eating a pizza bite --- I bet it was two chews and a swallow! He is always the first one done and I have said for years that eating next to him is like eating at the races. I find we all starting trying to keep his tempo and it is awful. It is unlikely this was a learning lesson though --- even after it happened he told me - he did chew his food. Growing up my Mom always used to say food should be chewed 32 times. Now as a kid I thought that was ridiculous as some food just can't be chewed that long - for example jello or yogurt. But clearly the point is that food should be well chewed.

As it is my lunch (a very nice salad) got wrapped and put in the frig. Just couldn't stomach it.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

UGH! That's scary! Glad he's ok.