Blogs by Category

Friday, May 21, 2010

still reading


Finished another book! I have so many really good literature books I have found -- lately I can only read more light hearted literature. I have a bunch that are sitting in a pile waiting for me to be ready for more in depth and 'heavier' reading.

This one is good but different from any I have read lately. It is written by T.D. Jakes and I really like him.

The Memory Quilt A Christmas Story for Our Times (Yes I am reading a Christmas story in May!) But I really liked it. Still it was different. The setting is in a rougher area of the Southside of Chicago. The main character is a zany lady, Lela - who is older - has grandchildren. She is a Christian and tries to follow God's leading in her life but isn't always successful (oh I can relate!). She never makes baby quilts and yet feels called to make one. As she is making it she is in the process of a bible study on Mary. The quilt ends up reminding her of the life of Mary and her willingness to follow God's leading in her life. I really enjoyed this book.

No comments: