Blogs by Category

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

the latest medical update

I haven't had a moment to post yet. We saw the doctor on Tuesday. It is all healing well but it is draining alot. This is all normal for this major of a surgery. Still the draining is upsetting to Tom. It is a visible sign that things are taking a while to heal. We thought the incision would be closed up enough that he could bathe by this last Tuesday --- and no --- not so much. Sadly, it won't be until next Tuesday - as long as it is totally closed. He has been able to bathe with one leg out of the tub utilizing our new tub stool (thank you Mom! --- she found it at a used medical shop - cheap and it is great - plus Dad came and installed a new shower head - one that you can take off the wall and spray yourself with - it works great for Tom)

Again, this is all normal and he is healing well. The doctor is not worried. There is no signs of infection. All is good. For Tom, though, I think it was a visible sign that healing takes time. And that this won't be a quick confinement. He got visibly depressed after that visit. (see post below about Grumpy gus!)

Please pray that the drainage stops and the wound completely closes - by next Tuesday's visit - so Tom can have a visible sign of progress in the healing area. I think his emotional well being could use the boost.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Praying for you guys! Now more than ever, since I had my minor foot "surgery"! I can empathize with him (somewhat). I am not down for as long as he is by any means. And I don't mean to compare my situation to his and to assume that it is anything like his. Just saying I have a new outlook on it now.

I will be praying for continued healing and for a visible sign of such healing for him. And definitely will be praying for the change in his outlook/demeanor. That's not good for him to be depressed. There is definitely power in positive thinking!