Blogs by Category

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Psalm 13

For anyone suffering from illness Psalm 13 is really wonderful. A friend of ours that is a pastor recommended reading it and when I opened it up - I realized that at one point I had studied it because I had notes in my bible.

Psalm 13 is a cry to the Lord. It was written by David during a serious illness. His death would have given his enemies victory. While reading it you can see that even David, someone chosen and well loved by God, felt that God's presence wasn't close at times. Isn't that something that we all feel at times - especially during times of illness or when we are struggling. We feel so distant, so apart from God. We want and need His closeness but can't seem to find it or feel His presence.

David cries out in the Psalm asking God how long will God hide from him? And how long will he struggle and suffer? As I read this to Tom every time I read one of the how long passages - he said "6 months"! "Six months!!"

Psalm 13 ends with this:

But I will trust in your unfailing love;
my heart rejoices in your
salvation.
I will sing to the Lord,
for he has been good to me.

1 comment:

Karies place said...

Makes us all realize how much we need to rely on G-d.