Blogs by Category

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Just yesterday

I was thinking of all the stuff that has gone on this week --- and honestly it has been such a crazy week. To see just a slice of what I have been up to --- here is today:

Up at 7:00 --- had to wake Jared - so he could get ready for his online class

Got dressed and ready - get JJ up and moving --- so he could come with me.
Then I put in a load of laundry. And cleaned the bathroom - (what is up with boys and not being able to hit the big round opening?!!) Couldn't take it - needed to clean that up.

Left to take the windows in - we have had three of our thermal pane windows break over the winter and it was time to get them fixed. We had them measured last week and now the glass was in - I dropped off the windows. Picked up the windows later in the afternoon and installed them. (yes I did it myself!)

Went to work for a few hours - at work to get a big mailing done. Later at night I spent 3 hours stuffing the envelopes and putting the labels on.

Went to the DMV to get a temporary disabled tag for hubby.

Did several more loads of laundry. Decided to wash the kitchen floor - seems like the great outdoors has been dragged in on the kids shoes.

Also after installing the windows realized I got window spray on our bed (one of the windows is above our bed) --- so changed the sheets. Did another load of a laundry.

Dearest neighbor was running to Walmart - asked him to pick up some Ortho bug spray - we always spray that around the base of the house - all the way around as it helps prevent the infestation we had a few years ago with carpenter ants. Don't want them again!! I sprayed 3/4 of the house but couldn't get behind the bushes. Asked middle son to do it. He did a great job!

Went to the Christian bookstore - I wanted to get two books - for two of our nephews - one is graduating from high school and one just got confirmed. Plus I found cards and we included some $$ with the book.

Stopped at Walgreens for a mailer for the gifts. Tom got to fill it all out - as he is sitting in a chair - and that is an activity he can help with. Then on the way to pick up windows I stopped at the post office and mailed them.

After dinner I took the boys and Tom to boy scouts. They all went and I got to enjoy an hour to myself. I was joking with my Mom when she called that I was all alone - I could dance naked in the house if I wanted to - I can't imagine doing it but I could if I wanted to. Mommy time!! I spent it talking with my Mom. It was very nice.

Well that is just what I can remember from yesterday. I am sure there was even more but doesn't that alone seem like enough. It was alot. I just don't know how single people do it. I am exhausted and can't wait for my spouse to be my active partner again. It is exhausting doing it all.

No comments: